On behalf of our clients and the public, we have researched and found that the below legal research links are a practical and informative electronic library.
- Federal Trade Commission – Franchise Information & Publications.
- Your Legal Rights: Guide to the FTC Franchise Rule
- FTC Franchise & Business Opportunities Rule
- FTC Issues Updated Franchise Rule
- FTC Summary of Recent Enforcement Cases
- State Disclosure Requirements for Franchises
- California Department Of Corporations – Franchise Information & Publications.
- Look Before You Leap, A Guide to Buying a Franchise
- Illinois Attorney General – Franchise Information & Publications.
- State labor laws
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Title VII — Civil Rights statutes, including the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Employment Discrimination Law Materials — Compiled by the Legal Information Institute, Cornell University.
- Facts About Sexual Harassment — Compiled by the EEOC.
- Sexual Harassment Hotline Resource List
- U.S. Department of Justice ADA Home Page — Information about the Americans With Disabilities Act.
- Americans with Disabilities Act Document Center
- Wage and Hour Division — Enforces the federal minimum-wage, overtime pay and child labor statute.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration Home Page
- Office of Administrative Law Judges — Library includes whistleblower decisions.
- SEC – www.sec.gov
- FINRA – www.finra.org
- Brokercheck – www.finra.org/Investors/ToolsCalculators/BrokerCheck/
- FINRA Arbitration Awards – www.finra.org/ArbitrationandMediation/FormsTools/p018127
- State Securities Regulators
- Alliance for Investor Education
- Investor Protection Trust
- DOT Leasing Regulations
- U. S. Department of Transportation
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Federal Highway Administration
- Truckload Carriers Association
- Specialized Carriers Rigging Association
- American Trucking Association
- Industry news
- Truck stops
Electronic Law Libraries
- The World Wide Web Virtual Library: Law
- Emory Law Library Electronic Reference Desk
- Jurisline.com — includes U.S. District Court decisions
- ‘Lectric Law Library — A user-friendly resource oriented more towards laypeople.
- Meta-Index for U.S. Legal Research
- UC Berkeley Industrial Relations Institute Library
- University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall Law Library
- University of San Francisco School of Law
- WashLaw WEB – Washburn University School of Law
Know Your Politicians